The Steinbeis-Europa-Zentrum of Steinbeis Innovation gGmbH belongs to Steinbeis Foundation for Economic Promotion. The Foundation runs approximately 600 so-called Technology Transfer Centres mainly in Baden-Württemberg, but also in other regions in Germany and Europe. The Technology Transfer Centres are mostly attached to research organisations in order to guarantee close connection between R&D and industry. More than 3,000 researchers, consultants and engineers carry out more than 20,000 contracts per year to improve strategy, product and process development of companies.
SEZ was founded in March 1990. Since 2008 it has been a member of the regional European Enterprise Network (EEN) consortia. SEZ is also official National Contact Point (NCP) for SMEs in the region of Baden-Württemberg. The core activities of Steinbeis-Europa-Zentrum are:
- Assist organisations to participate in European R&D projects,
- Support the management of international research projects,
- Give assistance in the exploitation of the research results,
- Promote transnational technology transfer,
- Stimulate and support the innovation process in industrial companies,
- Provide professional training.
SEZ has also gained considerable experience in organising workshops, conferences and brokerage events for technology transfer as well as finding partners for RTD-proposals. SEZ has been involved in more than 40 European projects in the last years, a number of them connected to the CRAFT/R4SME projects, thus ensuring a very good knowledge of SMEs in the State of Baden-Württemberg.
Contribution to Road2SoS
Coordinating the Road2SoS project, SEZ will provide its broad expertise in the following areas:
- Market studies & roadmapping activities,
- Dissemination & exploitation of project results,
- Technology transfer,
- Overall project management.